RS-2000 Biological Irradiator
- Small Animal and Cell irradiation.
- No isotopes- replaces cesium and cobalt sources.
- Touch-screen operation – programmable.
- 160 kV operation @ 25mA.
- Mouse cages- up to 5 mice at a time 1.2 Gy/min (120 rads/min) and a 94% dose distribution.
- Cells- dose rats of >5 Gy/min (500 rads/min) filtered and up to >17 Gy/min unfiltered.
- Electrical platelet function analyzer.
- Whole blood 300 μl per test up to 5 tests at once.
- Programmed pipette programs for routine tests.
- Customizable for different testing situations.
- 10 minute test time.
TEG® 5000 Thrombelastograph® Hemostatis Analyzer
- Whole blood clotting/fibrinolysis analyzer.
- 360 μl per test up to 4 tests at once.
- Measurements include:
- Kaolin addition
- Assay for measuring ADP and AA (platelet function tests)
- Tissue Factor addition
- Fibrin measurement
IDEXX VetTest® Chemistry Analyzer
- 39 species and age-specific reference ranges.
- 18 supported species.
- 26 different tests.
- 40 μl of sample to run one test, 10 μl for each additional test.
- 6 minutes for results.
Start4® Hemostasis Analyzer
- Analysis of blood clotting factors.
- Programmable and pre-programmed assays.
- Electronic pipetting.
- Up to 50 μl/test of plasma.
- Results in 3-5 minutes.
- 17 different tests.
- 4 samples run at one time.
Hemavet 950 FS (Veterinary Cell Counter)
- 20 parameters including platelets.
- 20 μl/test of whole blood.
- Results in 3 minutes.
- 5 part white blood cell differentials.
- 2 pre-programmed species (mouse and rat).
- Additional species can be run.
Buxco® FinePointe Whole Body Plethysmography and Pulmonary Function Testing
Whole Body Plethysmography
- Animals unrestrained and untethered (up to 4 mice).
- Measures box flow which is indirectly caused by respiratory flow.
- Respiratory flow and flow parameters estimated from box flow.
- Measure time of pause and time of break (indicators of airway irritation).
- Aerosol delivery system.
Pulmonary function tests
- For the functional residual capacity (FRC) test, subjects must be spontaneously-breathing.
- For other tests, subjects may be ventilated (ventilator included) or spontaneously-breathing.
- 2 subjects can are anesthetized and the tests are automated.
- Direct measurements of pulmonary mechanics- lung resistance and dynamic compliance.
- Non-invasive imaging of the colon.
- Record video as well as take snapshots for future analysis.
- Ability to take biopsies.
- Small animal ultrasound for mice and rats.
- In-vivo visualization and assessment.
- Measurements of anatomical structures and hemodynamic functions.
- 3 scan heads for differing depth.
- 3D acquisition and visualization.
Need more information?
If your research would benefit from the use of any W.M. Keck Center instrumentation, please contact Victoria Ploplis for availability.