FACSAria™III- Fluorescence Assisted Cell Sorter (FACS)
- Separates or sorts cells that are phenotypically different from each other, as well as, cells that express proteins of interest.
- High-speed fixed alignment laser bench top sorter that has the ability to sort or isolate cells of interest from a mixed population of cells.
- Equipped with 405 nm, 488 nm, 561 nm, 631 nm lasers and is capable of up to 10 color simultaneous detection
- Subpopulations of cells are tagged with a fluorescent-conjugated antibody that binds to a protein uniquely expressed by the cells of interest.
- Multiple sorting options, from sorting single population of cells, up to sorting four different cell populations in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Single cells may also be sorted directly onto standard cell culture plates.
- Sorting, data acquisition, and analysis are controlled by BD FACSDiva software.
AVIV Stopped-Flow Circular Dichroism 202SF Spectrometer
- Exploits the chiral nature of biological molecules and difference in their interaction with right and left circularly polarized light.
- Records circular dichroism spectrum as a function of wavelength, pH, time, temperature and concentration.
- Provides excellent quality scans in the far UV range of 195-240 nm at a temperature ranging from 5 °C and 95 °C wavelength, enabling quantitative secondary structure analysis.
- Capable of evaluating protein folding events on timescales of 5 ms or longer with the stopped-flow mixing module.
- Use 450W Xenon arc lamp with a synthetic fused silica envelope as light source.
LightCycler® 480 Real-Time PCR System
- A novel high-throughput, plate-based, thermal block cycler with integrated real-time, online detection capabilities.
- Provides remarkable well-to-well temperature homogeneity and maximized inter-well, inter-cycle reproducibility.
- Provides the ideal solution for fast and precise qualitative or quantitative detection of genotyping, mutation scanning, and nucleic acids.
- Allows the use of all current probe formats (e.g.,SYBR Green I, hydrolysis probes, HybProbe probes, SimpleProbe probes).
ABI 433A Peptide Synthesizer
- Fully automated, programmable instrument that performs the chain assembly steps in solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS)
- Performs Fmoc Chemistry to carry out SPPS where FastMoc kit (Applied Biosystems). containing HBTU is the activation reagent in the presence of NMP.
- Monitor the synthesis by real-time, feedback monitoring feature based on the measurement of conductance by a built in conductivity cell.
Optima XLI Analytical Ultracentrifuge
- A state of the art instrument to determine molecular masses, stoichiometry of oligomerizations, binding constants for associating systems and sample homogeneity through sedimentation velocity and sedimentation equilibrium analyses.
- Equipped with sensitive absorbance optics as well as interference optics for sample detection, both detection methods can be simultaneously utilized, if needed.
Real-Time Imaging Microscopy
- Real-time imaging of live cells.
- Time-lapse imaging.
- Imaging of bright field or fluorescently labeled cells.
- Calcium imaging.
- Environmentally controlled chamber.
- Nikon Elements software is used to acquire and process the acquired data. (nikoninstruments.com/Products/Software/NIS-Elements-Ar-Microscope-Imaging-Software)
RoboSep™- Fully Automated Magnetic Cell Separator
- Fast and easy automated isolation of any cell type from a wide range of sample sources.
- Cell types can be isolated using positive or negative selection protocols.
- Software is loaded with preprogrammed selection protocols or customized cell separation protocols can be created.
- Single aspiration head with 5 mL & 250 µL disposable tips, for zero carryover or cross-contamination risk.
- Wide sample dispense range, from 12.5 µL (10% inaccuracy) to 10 mL (0.5 % inaccuracy).
- Touch screen graphical user-interface with pictorial text support and user-customizable protocols.
- Automated magnetic particle separation.
- Standard bio-containment hood for sterile operation.
SliceScope Pro 6000 Electrophysiology Rig
- Fully integrated and motorized patch clamping rig for both in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo studies.
- Customized build for slice electrophysiology, florescent imaging, and patch clamp electrophysiology.
- Includes LinLab software, allowing customizable control of the micromanipulators.
- Provides less than 1 micron drift in 2hours for reliable long term experiments.
- Slices prepared using the Leica VT1200S Vibratome.
- Borosilicate micropipettes pulled to 3-5 MΩ resistance using Sutter Instruments P-97 Micropipette Puller.
Need more information?
If your research would benefit from the use of any W.M. Keck Center instrumentation, please contact Victoria Ploplis for availability.